Our aim is to try to resolve complaints as quickly, informally and satisfactorily as possible. If you are currently being supervised by KSS CRC, we recommend that you speak to the relevant Senior Probation Officer at the Probation Office that manages your sentence in the first instance.

This contact can often resolve the complaint satisfactorily without the need to undertake a formal investigation.

If you are unable to resolve the matter informally, we ask you to send the complaint in writing to:

Kent, Surrey and Sussex CRC    
Maidstone Corporate Centre
3rd Floor, Maidstone House
King Street
ME15 6AW

or email: complaints@ksscrc.probationservices.co.uk

Please note: this email address is not to be used by service users trying to contact their Responsible Officer about their appointment or any other matter; please telephone your Responsible Officer instead. 

A decision will be made as to how the complaint should be dealt with following its receipt. Within five working days of receiving your letter we will write to explain how your complaint will be handled. This letter will give the date when you can expect the outcome and may include a proposal to try to resolve it informally.

We will usually want to interview you face to face to establish precisely the nature of your complaint. This interview will be conducted by an appointed investigator.

If it is determined that your complaint is to be resolved informally but is not dealt with to your satisfaction, it remains open to you to pursue the complaint formally.

If you are still not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you can appeal in writing and this process will be explained in the letter you will have received as part of the earlier stages of your complaint.

If you are still not satisfied with the decision

The Prisons and Probation Ombudsman can review your complaint if you have:

  • been under the supervision of the National Probation Service
  • been housed in probation accommodation
  • had a pre-sentence report or a specific sentence report prepared about you

Visit the Prison and Probation Ombudsman's website.

Or write to them at:

Prison and Probation Ombudsman
Ashley House
2 Monck Street